Mayflower Early Childhood Center has a four star status from Parent Aware. Parent Aware is a rating tool to help parents choose high quality childcare. MECC was accredited in January 2012 by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI). Our Toddler Community was accredited by AMI in the spring of 2015.
In 1929, Maria Montessori founded AMI as a teacher training organization. Having accreditation from AMI means that we maintain the highest quality Montessori pedagogical standards. The AMI school recognition program assists parents in their search for high quality schools. The accreditation process, which occurs once every three years, includes a consultation and self-study. Montessori experts hired by AMI conduct these consultations.
To be eligible for this accreditation, a school must have the following:
- At least one teacher holding an AMI diploma for each class
- Children of mixed ages in the Children’s House (3-6)
- Toddlers age 16 months and beyond in the Toddler Community
- A complete set of Montessori materials
- A philosophical approach consistent with AMI training
An AMI Certificate of Recognition offers credibility to a school’s status within the educational community as a whole, as well as within the Montessori community, and it confirms a staunch support of Montessori principles faithfully put into practice.
Mayflower Early Childhood Center also has the highest possible rating for Parent Aware, a star rating system that helps parents find the best child care and early education programs for their children.
Other AMI Montessori Schools in the Twin Cities:
- Bright Water Montessori (Minneapolis)
- Cathedral Hill Montessori (St. Paul)
- Children’s Workshop Montessori (Plymouth)
- Cornerstone Montessori (St. Paul)
- Little Flowers Montessori (Plymouth and St. Louis Park)
- Mississippi Valley Montessori (West St. Paul)
- Oak Hill Montessori (Shoreview)
- St. Croix Montessori (Stillwater)
- Sunny Hollow Montessori (St. Paul)
- White Bear Montessori (White Bear Lake)